Lebanese Arbitration Center
The Lebanese Arbitration Center is the sole institution that provides administration and monitoring services for arbitration proceedings in Lebanon. The Center has been active in the arbitration field since its establishment in 1995. The Lebanese Arbitration Center offers its services to the business community, to private and public institutions and to the government.
The Center oversees the arbitration process and is responsible for:
- Appointing arbitrators or confirming, as the case may be, arbitrators nominated by the parties;
- Deciding upon challenges of arbitrators;
- Fixing and extending time limits;
- Scrutinizing and approving all arbitral awards;
- Fixing the arbitrators' fees taking into consideration the amount in dispute
The Lebanese Arbitration Center recommends that all parties wishing to make reference in their contracts to arbitration under the Center's rules, use the following standard arbitration clause:
"All disputes arising in connection with the present contract shall be finally settled under the Rules of Conciliation and Arbitration at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Beirut and Mount Lebanon by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said rules. The contracting parties declare accepting the provisions of the said rules and undertake to abide by them".
The Lebanese Arbitration Center is constituted as follows:
- The Board of Trustees, consists of the heads of all of the abovementioned entities (Chambers of Commerce, associations and syndicates).
- The Higher Council of Arbitration, whose mission is to organize events that aim to develop, promote and spread the knowledge and the practice of arbitration.
- The Legal Consultative Committee includes well-known Lebanese lawyers and former judges active in the field of arbitration.
- The Court of Arbitration, in charge of administering the arbitration process and ensures the proper application of the LAC Rules. The Court is assisted by the Secretariat General who closely follows all arbitration cases conducted under the LAC Rules.
Yearly Activities Report http://www.ccib.org.lb/uploads/نشاطات المركز اللبناني للتحكيم_4.pdf
Call Center: 1314 ext 171
Secretary General :Dr. Muhieddine Kaïssi
Tel/fax : + 961 1 745 289 / + 961 1 349 616