Corporate Social Responsibility
Current CSR Status at Chamber
It is in the strategy of the Chamber to provide the needed support to the government in order to implement social policies based on fair and equal opportunities. Therefore, the CCIA-BML is constantly following up on legislation in terms of developing educational, health, social and environmental services in Lebanon.
Over the past years, the Chamber had a comprehensive action at the social, cultural and environmental level through the following:
Activities in social level
- Cooperating with organizations and national bodies in the field of women empowerment through joint training programs with the National Committee for Lebanese Women.
- Launching a project with the collaboration of The Lebanese Physical Handicapped Union and the Ministry of Social Affairs in order to support and facilitate the employment of handicapped in Lebanese enterprises.
- Organizing awareness seminars with ARCENCIEL regarding the integration of disabled persons in the labor market.
- Health Activities: St Jude, against drugs, Kun Hadi
- Sponsoring and financing of a wide range of cultural and sportive activities and events starting from GRAFFITI for expressive drawing on Beirut walls, passing by the forestation of Horch Beirut, Youth Movement in Lebanon, Army Martyrs’ sons, SANABEL Islamic Organization, Beirut Marathon and other NGO entities.
- Active contribution to the Religions Dialogue: Islam-Christian Coexistence
- Employment of Youth: Job corner
- Solidarity in Emergencies Periods: Crisis unit to face adversities, donations for martyrs families, explosions victims, war damages, etc.
Activities in environmental level
- Implementation of Corporate INTRANET/ Full Automation of Operations: E-Chamber : Reducing paper consumption
- Involvement of CCIA-BML in European Union (EU) Development Projects at the Service of CSR that are serving the Environment and promoting the energy saving solutions such GMI, & SHAAMS projects.
- Renovation of headquarter with respect to green standards